Monday, July 2, 2012

Summer....!!!!

Summer .... aaaaah!  So relaxing. A time to rejuvenate, renew and refresh. A time to reflect on the year just past and start thinking of the new year ahead. A time to make new memories ....


This summer is definitely one of the most special ones for me. My parents came to visit .... after not seeing them for 3 years!  What an absolute blessing. I am cherishing every moment, trying to absorb conversations, moments in time, and trying to take mental snapshots of everything we do.

I am loving watching them delight in new things - the variety of accents, new stores, different products .... and the list goes on.  It reminds me of when we first got here and everything was new and different. It's amazing how we take things for granted after a while .... I don't hear the different accents around me any more. It's become a part of me now. I still enjoy them, but I don't turn my head each time I hear them.


 It makes me wonder how many things we take for granted just because they're around every day. How we don't get to appreciate the little things any more because they're constantly there and we tend to ignore them? Do we still remember to appreciate the smiles on our children's faces when they look at us, or the little hugs we receive from them? Do we appreciate the fact that our children are at home and not wandering the streets? Do we appreciate the fact that we have jobs, or a roof over our heads? Do we appreciate the fact that we can just get into our cars and drive to the beach, or the store, or a movie?  Do we appreciate the beautiful things of God's creation that we given to us to enjoy? Little things like a small hummingbird drinking from a feeder, it's tiny wings creating a wave of air enough to cool your arms on a warm day?

I'm trying to remember to appreciate all these things. The one thing I'm appreciating the most, though, is the fact that I have both my parents, and that, for the moment, they are with me. This moment is one I am concentrating on and cherishing ...... 


Enter His gates with thanksgiving, And His courts with praise. Give thanks to Him; bless His name. Psalm 100:4 

1 comment:

  1. My dear dear friend- what a blessing your post has been! Thank you for remnding me to appreciate things- however small. I am so happy for you that you have your folks with you. Enjoy and may this special Summer indeed refresh and restore your spirit xxxx

    ReplyDelete