Sunday, July 29, 2012

Where Has It Gone?

Just 2 1/2 weeks left of the summer!  Where did it go?  Why am I wondering? Surely I know what I've done during the past couple of months?  


Well, partly.  The first half was taken with my parents' visit - which was the most wonderful 3 1/2 weeks of the summer. We had so much fun! We went to the beach, visited different stores, had them discover Starbucks and much more. It was great seeing everything through their eyes - they way it was for us when we first arrived in 2001.


Since then, however, I can't specifically tell you what I have done. Yes, I have tutored twice a week at school, and started getting my room together, been to the movies and spent some time with friends, but I don't feel like I've done anything WORTHWHILE!!! 


This computer can be SO addictive - I rediscovered Pinterest, took part in a Photo a Day journal on Facebook, and sat perusing various teacher blogs and websites.  All fun and enjoyable but, at the end of the day, not very productive.


I guess that's what the summer is all about. De-stressing, relaxing and doing pretty much everything you can't do during the school year.


I will enjoy what's left - maybe even read a book or two!


No comments:

Post a Comment