Monday, July 26, 2010

New mindset



"Romans 6 - Our flesh is the instrument that Satan works through. When we say no to the flesh, we say no to the devil."
Joyce Meyer

"Battles are fought in our minds every day. When we begin to feel the battle is just too difficult and want to give up, we must choose to resist negative thoughts and be determined to rise above our problems. We must decide that we’re not going to quit. When we’re bombarded with doubts and fears, we must take a stand and say: "I’ll never give up! God’s on my side. He loves me, and He’s helping me! I’m going to make it!" - Joyce Meyer

I'm learning that it's very easy to give in to the flesh!

Easy to lose my cool when I feel like I've been affronted! Easy to keep grumbling and mumbling that I was right and that the other person was wrong. Easy to keep rolling in those feelings and keep the hard feelings just simmering - waiting to boil over.

Easy to say ok to anything that is available to be eaten. Easy to have that milkshake just because the rest of the family are having one. Easy to just buy takeout from McDonalds just because everyone else is.

I'm also learning that it's harder (and yet so rewarding in the end) to live in the Spirit.

How hard is it to let the flesh die when you need to apologize for losing your cool (even though you still think you were right!!!)? How hard is it to let the flesh die and act like you are not mad so that you don't create any tension (even though you are still simmering inside)?

How rewarding is it to say 'no' to that milkshake and the food from McDonalds, and then stand on the scale seeing it slowly start dropping?

Since I've been working on changing my way of thinking as far as food is concerned, I've found that I'm letting go of my old mindset - oh dear, I broke the diet - DONE! I am finding it easier to take control over what I am eating rather than let the food take control. What a feeling of freedom.

I know it's going to take a while to lose the weight I want, but by being in control over my thoughts about food, and ultimately being in control over what I eat, I know I can do this.

7 pounds down so far! Exciting, and more of a challenge because my final goal is to lose a total of about 30lb. I'm not setting a goal date, because I don't want to stress when I don't meet it. I just want to get there ...... slowly but surely!

" I have come to understand that every day we make decisions born out of our thoughts and these decisions give direction to our life."
Written in 2010 by Mathias A. James --- Nigeria



No comments:

Post a Comment